Facts about Google+ Business Pages
Have you started your own Google+ Business Page yet? Even if you are not ready to hang out and spend time on Google+ you should claim your business name. To do so you will need a gmail account. And if you want more than one administrator be certain to use an email address that each admin has access to.
Here are a few facts you should know before you start.
- Pages can’t add people to Circles until the page is added first or mentioned.
- Pages can be made for a variety of different entities: Local Business or Place, Product or Brand, Company, Institution or Organization, Arts, Entertainment or Sports, and other, but profiles can only be made for people.
- The default privacy setting for elements on your business page is public.
- Google+ Pages automatically unfollow you if you unfollow them. (Sweet)
- Pages have the +1 button. Pages can’t +1 other pages, nor can they +1 content on the web.
- Pages don’t receive notifications via email, text, or in the Google bar.
- Pages don’t have the option to share to ‘Extended Circles.
- Local pages have special fields that help people find the business’ physical location.
- Google+ Pages can’t even mention you unless you’re connected.
Many of the same social networking best practices will apply. Regularly share fresh content, react and respond to your fans, be engaging, and optimize for lead generation.
Finally, measure, adapt your strategy, and optimize your presence based on your own individual results and goals.
Oh, be sure to incorporate the Google +1 on your blog. And by the way if you found this useful go below and +1 this blog post.